McDonalds Corporation is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer having over 36,000 locations that serve approximately 69 million customers in over 100 countries each day. The first McDonalds restaurant was started on May 15, 1940, in San Bernardino, California. It is currently headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois. Most of the stores are freestanding units offering dine-in and drive-thru service, but McDonalds also has many stores in airports, retail areas, and other high traffic locations. More than 80% of McDonalds restaurants are owned and operated by individual men and women while the remaining 20% are corporate owned.

McDonalds Corporation boasts an impressive investment grade Standard and Poor’s bond rating of BBB+ and a Moody’s long-term rating of Baa1.

  • Industry: QSR
  • Holding Company: McDonalds Corp.
  • Lease Structure: GL
  • S&P Bond Rating: BBB+
  • Moody’s Bond Rating: Baa1
  • Website: http://www.mcdonalds.com/